Job Compliation Error -- Datastage 9

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Job Compliation Error -- Datastage 9

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi Experts,

We have installed Datastage 9.0.1 in windows 2008 R2 EE. When we compile job having transformer stage it is giving below compliation error:-

Below are the steps which we have varried out:-
1. Installed Datastage 9
2. Installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.

Code: Select all

##W IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00049 10:40:29(007) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSPXWorkingDir
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 10:40:30(000) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W IIS-DSEE-TFTM-00012 10:40:30(001) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 10:40:30(002) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: V0S12_Untitled2_Transformer_12.C

##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 10:40:30(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\PXEngine\include\apt_util/apt_win32.h(37) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': Invalid argument

##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 10:40:30(004) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\<PROJECT_NAME>\RT_BP9.O\V0S12_Untitled2_Transformer_12.tmp.o'

##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 10:40:30(005) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED. (Untitled2.Transformer_12)
As per the error message it seems that there is no windows.h
But since we have installed Visual C++ post installation of Datastage, it is unable to find the windows.h file. I have searched in the server but there is no windows.h file. Now the question is do we have to uninstall the Visual C++ and re-install it or we have to set some environment variable to point to other file(since there is no windows.h in the server)?

Appreciate all your help!!

Thanks in Advance!!!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't have the install guide handy, but it used to be a requirement that the (correct) compiler is installed prior to installing the DataStage server so the worse case scenario is uninstalling DataStage and then re-installing it.

Does your post mean that there is no "windows.h" file on the system, have you done a search of all directories?
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

I had some issues with 2008 EE and IS 9.1 (different issues and probably my doing), then uninstalled and put 2010 EE on. Worked like a charm: piece of cake.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Thanks all for the help.

The file name which C complier was searching for "windows.h", but in our server the file name was "Windows.h" :twisted:
I have rename this file to "windows.h" and we were able to compile and run the job :P

Again thanks all for your help!!
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And yet Windows itself is not case sensitive. Obviously, some aspect of this was however. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers