Prevent to Update the DSParams file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Prevent to Update the DSParams file

Post by mandyli »

Hi

We are using Datastage 8.7 with AIX OS.

I would like to prevent edit or update the DSParams file from all other developers. We have dstage UNIX group but all other users is part of 'dstage' group so any one able to change the values from DSParams.
I am thinking we can create a new UNIX group and change the DSParams group from dstage to new some 'aaa' UNIX group and provide read only access to all other users.

ex:
-rwxrwxr-x 1 aaa dstage 66797 Jan 5 13:10 DSParams
to
-rwxrwxr-- 1 aaa newgrp 66797 Jan 10 13:10 DSParams

And also I will add new group into 'dstage' group. So that I will add some people into new group instead of all. Only those people will able to change the values from Data stage Admin.

Is this correct way? I hope in early version we had some permission issue on "DSParams". I am not sure this issue has been fixed in IIS 8.7.

Thanks
Man
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried this yet? Did it work for you?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sabarimuthu0728
Participant

Re: Prevent to Update the DSParams file

Post by sabarimuthu0728 »

You approach should work.

Other way is, instead of adding newgroup to dstage you can have individual users assigned to newgroup & dstage; having newgroup mapped to developer role in admin to that project will allow the users with newgroup to update the parameters.