Trouble importing - Job cannot be found in the repository

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Trouble importing - Job cannot be found in the repository

Post by hsahay »

Here is a strange problem that i am encountering and i'd appreciate if someone can help resolve it.

I Export a bunch of jobs from server A. There are say 5 jobs.

jobA
jobB
JobE.

Then i try to Import them into Server B.

While importing, i get error - jobA cannot be found in the repository.
Same for JobB and job C. The rest import successfully.

It would make sense if i was getting this error while Exporting but why am i getting it while importing ? And what can i do about it ?

I have done DS.REINDEX ALL on Server B (target server).
vishal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You probably need to use the SyncProject functionality in ISALite.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Thanks Ray ...but we are on 8.1

Correct me If i am wrong, but I think SyncProject is available only on 8.5 and above.
vishal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Contact support. They may be able to offer something similar. All I could see was that you are on 8x.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Okay. Will do.

But just for my knowledge, can you please let me know what is causing this error during import ?

I even deleted the entire category in which these jobs are supposed to be imported into - so there is, theoretically, no trace of those jobs left in our target server and yet i am getting - jobX cannot be found in the repository - Well yeah - of course they cannot be found because i deleted them and now i am trying to re-import them ....

DS sometimes can get so unreasonable ...
vishal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you sure you deleted them from both repositories (the local project repository and the common metadata repository (XMETA))?
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Ray - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Apparently the local repository and XMETA had gone out of sync which is probably why we were getting the error.

I deleted the category containing the jobs from DS Designer and that i think deleted only the local unix files.

Then after reading your post, i went and deleted them from the XMETA also - using

DELETE FROM DS_JOBS WHERE NAME = 'xxxxx'

Then ran DS.CHECKER followed by DS.REINDEX ALL

After this i was able to import successfully.

Question - In one of the previous posts on the DELETES i saw your comment saying this way of deleting jobs was adequate but not rigorous. Can you explain why ?
vishal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It does not check for dependent objects so that references to the deleted job(s) can be deleted from them.