All available licenses in use

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

chulett wrote:
NSIT-DVP-01 wrote:Should I chose Y instead?
There's no reason to ever answer 'Y'. And it wouldn't have asked the question if you were truly in the $DSEngine directory or one of the Project directories when you launched uvsh or dssh. Can you confirm exactly what steps you followed?
I probably did something wrong then.
- I connected to the server (which is on Windows) by using the Remote Desktop Connection utility.
- Then launched the command line
- Went to the directory D:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin (because when doing cd $DSEngine the message was like "the specified path cannot be found"
- From there I launched the uvsh
- Got the prompt about setting the directory for DataStage
- Answered N.

I probably was not in the DSEngine then, but could not find any other directory with the uvsh and dsdlockd.
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

ray.wurlod wrote:dsdlockd -p is a "probe" and should finish fairly quickly.
Then in my case it is a bit strange, I launched the "dsdlockd -p" and it is running and running and running :(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, missed the fact that you were on Windows. Those instructions were UNIX specific... but you did miss a critical fact and that is that the command needs to be lauched from the DSEngine directory, not the bin directory. Which is why I specifically said to run "bin/uvsh" rather than "uvsh". Make sense?

Please try again. Go to "D:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine" and run "bin\uvsh" and it should work more better. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

You are right, sorry I missed that point! Re-tried with the bin\uvsh, logged into my project, then launched DS.TOOLS, selected
4. Administer processes/locks and then
1. List all processes, then
9. "Logout a process" and then I logged out the processes by using their pid I retrieved previously.

and it worked, I am able to connect to DataStage again! can't believe it :)) Thank you so much (virtual hugs)!

The only thing that is still running (or not responding?) is the dsdlockd -p, but I must have did something wrong I guess...
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

Another solution that worked for my collegue was to simply restart the DataStage server )
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chulett wrote:Well... you can alway try stopping and restarting DataStage. Worst case reboot the server itself.
This was all about avoiding those two options. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can kill the dsdlockd process.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

chulett wrote:
chulett wrote:Well... you can alway try stopping and restarting DataStage. Worst case reboot the server itself.
This was all about avoiding those two options. :wink:
:lol: :wink: