Failed to open project status code 73

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajngt
Participant

Failed to open project status code 73

Post by rajngt »

Job are failing with error Failed to open project and with status code 73. I have gone through forums and ibm boulder, but not able to find code 73. What this error code means?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Details, please! How are you running the jobs, from the command line using dsjob? If so, show us your syntax.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rajngt
Participant

Post by rajngt »

The command is

dsjob -run -wait -jobstatus -param ps_param1=<value1> -param ps_param2=<value2> -param ps_param3=<value3> -param ps_param4=<value4> <project name> <sequence name>

This is called in unix script and this is occuring intermeddiently. Possibly once in 2 weeks.

I can find different status codes for failed to open project status code but not 73, and would like to understand what might be the reason for job to fail under code 73?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First, don't use "-wait -jobstatus" as they are redundant, use one or the other. Read about the difference in what status is returned to decide which is the one you want.

Second, if this actually works but only fails occassionally, then I'd take a hard look at the parameters you are passing in. However, I'm curious what you need to do to correct the error. If that answer is simply to rerun the job and it works fine, then something else is going on - something resource related typically.

So looking for more details from you. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers