DataStage And Quality Stage Operations Viewer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage And Quality Stage Operations Viewer

Post by rameshrr3 »

I havent worked with datastage 8.5 . However in datastage 8.7 I see a new role "DataStage And QualityStage Operations Viewer" exclusively meant for users restricted to the Operations Console Web application - Thse users will not need the datastage client installed to view job logs.

Access can be setup on a per project basis ( In Datastage administrator you set this access on a per project basis) and such an user will have access to see job logs and performance details as well as alerts on the Operations Console webpage.

Such an user will not be the regular production support person - since they cannot reset or restart jobs.

This IBM link can help
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 9.1 or maybe the following release Director functionality (submit/stop/reset) are available in the Operations Console. Though you still need an appropriate role to use them.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Cool. It was one of my wishlist items (I guess for many others too) that a person be able to see the job log , but not start/stop/reset a job -The 'Operations Viewer' role goes a long way in addressing that gap. I had also heard of a DS Director lite client that was later discontinued.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You just needed a big enough wallet to hit IBM on the knuckles with to get them to add that feature. ;)