memory fault

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mikva2012
Participant

memory fault

Post by mikva2012 »

Hi,
when i try to run the auto purge log using the below command am getting the memory fault error

./LoggingAdmin.sh -user isadmin -password isadmin -create -schedule -name "DS job event purge task" -frequency -minutes 30 -threshold 10000 -percentage 100 -includeCategories IIS-DSTAGE-RUN
Irfan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the exact error message? What can you glean from it? How many entries are there in the log?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mikva2012
Participant

Post by mikva2012 »

Hi Ray,

Actually am not able to log into the datastage server from my client.
Previously i cleaned all the datasets files from server.
I thought i should clean the operational log files from the Xmeta DB .
So i ran this statement from ASBSERVER/bin directory and i got the error message
here is the details:
khanirfa@mwwaxds01:/apps/ibm/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin>./LoggingAdmin.sh -user isadmin -password isadmin -create -schedule -name "DS job event purge task" -frequency -minutes 30 -threshold 10000 -percentage 100 -includeCategories IIS-DSTAGE-RUN
Memory fault
Irfan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So you're saying that "Memory fault" was the only error message on the screen. Have you looked in the WAS logs, particularly SystemOut.log ?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mikva2012
Participant

Post by mikva2012 »

Yeah Ray,

I checked with the systemout.log however i not find nay specific error message.

And one more concern is there, when ever i try to bring the services for WAS using the ./stopServer.sh -server1 -username -password
am not able to see any progrees in the process for 90 minutes. so i killed the process manually and restarted the services.

can u help me over here.

Please
Irfan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try using the -user and -password options for your stopServer and startServer commands, to name your actual WAS administrator.
Or login as root and use the MetadataServer.sh command to stop and start.