IBM Websphere Application service

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bhusan
Premium Member
Premium Member

IBM Websphere Application service

Post by Bhusan »

I have datastage 8.5 VMware image that I am trying to start. I started ASB Agent, DSRPC, DS Engine, DS Telnet Service. I also started the Websphere Application Service. However, when I try to login to datastage designer client, I am getting the message "Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected service tier".

I find that the Websphere Application Service has stopped by this time.

Can anyone please help me as to how I can make the VMware version work? Is there any specific thing that I am missing?

Thanks.

Bhusan
Thanks
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Silly question I'm sure, but has the repository DB service been started?
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

"I find that the Websphere Application Service has stopped". Then make sure your WAS is started before you try to login.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If WAS stops after you attempt to re-start it, check SystemOut.log and also check that the XMETA owner user password has not expired (and that the repository database is up).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Bhusan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Bhusan »

Thanks for the responses. I can see that the DB service not up. I believe that is the issue. And sorry for the silly question! :oops:
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not a silly question at all. You've learned something about systematic diagnosis, as have the others who've read this thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.