All available licenses in use

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

All available licenses in use

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

I am having the same problem as noted in this post but with the DataStage 7.5 installed on Windows server, so the grep command doesn't work. What should I do? Please, any suggestion?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

<split to your own post>

Unless all you have is the Server version, the Enterprise version comes with the MKS Toolkit which brings 'UNIX' commands to Windows, so more than likely you do have grep... or something grep-like.

Help us out and post the details of your problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

thank you, sorry about not opening my own topic.

I guess I have the Enterprise version, but I am not sure how to verify, I'll google it.

Otherwise, could you please tell me where to type the grep command? I am typing it in the command line on the server side, and it says - the command is not recognized.

The problem is: the maximum number of licences is 2. I guess my DataStage Clients did not close properly, so they stay open on the server side and I am unable to connect to DataStage by opening a new session.
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

same problem again

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

Please help me, have only 2 licenses available, and both are in use by phantom session, that have not been closed properly. I have access to the server side, the server is on Windows. How can I kick off those sessions that are still there although all the clients are closed?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... you can alway try stopping and restarting DataStage. Worst case reboot the server itself. Otherwise, I've used DS.TOOLS in the past but don't have any access so examples will have to be off the top of my head.

From the command line:

Code: Select all

cd $DSEngine
bin/uvsh
(you should have a TCL prompt ">" now)
LOGTO <YourProjectName>
DS.TOOLS
Hopefully that gets you there. Then you should see options to manage processes and from there a way to list them and log them out by process id. Give that a shot and let us know any specific issues or questions you have. I'll look to see if a better post exists with details of the process...
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is where it's vital to know the version. There are scripts to clean up defunct licences, but the names of the scripts are different in different versions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted in the initial post, this is 7.5 which I don't recall coming with any such scripts. Could be wrong, of course, but don't remember any such.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In 7.5 you can run the dsdlockd program with -p option. You need to be logged in with local Administrator privilege.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

True.
-craig

NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

chulett wrote:From the command line:

Code: Select all

cd $DSEngine
bin/uvsh
(you should have a TCL prompt ">" now)
LOGTO <YourProjectName>
DS.TOOLS
Hello, and Happy New Year! Thank you very much for your kind replies, so back to work with the same problem, I am trying the above commands first. When lauching uvsh, I am getting a prompt: "This directory is not set up for DataStage. Would you like to set it up? Y/N?" So I chose N since I am not sure what it would do, and the program quit. Should I chose Y instead?
Last edited by NSIT-DVP-01 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSIT-DVP-01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NSIT-DVP-01 »

ray.wurlod wrote:In 7.5 you can run the dsdlockd program with -p option. You need to be logged in with local Administrator privilege.
I have just launched this to see what happens :) for the moment it is still running, I guess.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

NSIT-DVP-01 wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:In 7.5 you can run the dsdlockd program with -p option. You need to be logged in with local Administrator privilege.
I have just launched this to see what happens :) for the moment it is still running, I guess.
It's a "deamon" which means it runs constantly. One of the configuration options tells it how often to wake up and check for deadlocks... I think the default is 15 minutes... unless you use the -p option, of course.
Last edited by chulett on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

NSIT-DVP-01 wrote:Should I chose Y instead?
There's no reason to ever answer 'Y'. And it wouldn't have asked the question if you were truly in the $DSEngine directory or one of the Project directories when you launched uvsh or dssh. Can you confirm exactly what steps you followed?
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

dsdlockd -p is a "probe" and should finish fairly quickly.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Noted.
-craig