DataStage Window/Canvas resize

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

imfarhan
Participant

DataStage Window/Canvas resize

Post by imfarhan »

Hi All,
May be a stupid question.

I normally open three windows when I worked on Datastage/Infosphere i.e.
Repository(Top-Left), Palette(Bottom-Left) and Canvas (Right) on my screen.
But when I open another job the canvas hide behind Repository /Palete so I've had to manually resize the canvas window.

Is there anyway we can resize all three windows and set the default settings. so I don't need to resize again.

Many thanks
Farhan
Farhan Syed
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Designer should "remember" (in HKEY_CURRENT_USER) the settings when you exit cleanly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
imfarhan
Participant

Post by imfarhan »

Thanks for your reply.
I'm sure there should be some default setting you setup.... as I don't want to go to regedit; Although I look into that but I can't see any setting apart from list of recent jobs which I open on my Datastage....

Regards
Farhna
Farhan Syed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There is no "default" you can set anywhere and yes, what controls all those window positions is stored in the registry. All that's supposed to happen is it remembers what state things were in when you exited and then should try to put you back there on the next launch.

If that's not happening for you, it would probably be worthwhile for you to open a case with your official support provider to find out what might be going on...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers