Exception Handler doesn't work if I use warn flag

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johm73
Charter Member
Charter Member

Exception Handler doesn't work if I use warn flag

Post by johm73 »

For the longest time I've been using exception handlers without any issue. They still work fine as long as I do not alter the default fail after 50 warnings. However, if I execute the sequence with a warning flag different than the default the exception handler doesn't work and no notification gets sent.

job-->job--job

exception_handler--->notify_email

I get the same effect if i alter the warning limit via Director or command line.

Anybody know why and how I get around this? The handler should work regardless.
tkozlows
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tkozlows »

Hi

I have experienced similar behaviour - when default warnings limit is used the exception handler gets invoked as expected. However, when the warning limits are set to 'No Limit' then the exception handler does not get invoked.

I am working with 8.5.
Thomas K
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

The exception handler gets invoked for unhandled failures. Warnings that do not exceed the limit do not cause a failure.

Mike
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

Exception Handler supposed to react on "Failure" and not on "Warnings".

When warning limit set as 50, exception handler catches and throw an exception when the warning count exceeds to 50.

When warning limit set to "No Limit". Exception Handler will not give an exception, because, you have forced your job to run with "No Limit" for warnings, which teaches exception handler to consider this as a normal flow.
Rgrds,
Abhi