transformer is not working.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pardu
Participant

transformer is not working.

Post by pardu »

Hi Team,

I have installed IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V12.1 compiler in my Aix server.
after i have changed Environment belwo.

2. Select Projects.
3. For each project listed in the window, complete these steps to update compiler settings so that the transforms can be compiled successfully:
a. Click the project name, and click Properties.
b. Click Environment.
c. Select Parallel > Compiler.
d. Select APT_COMPILEOPT. In the Value column, change the value to -c -O -q64
e. Select APT_COMPILER. In the Value column, change the value to /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r
f. Select APT_LINKER. In the Value column, change the value to /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r
g. Select APT_LINKOPT. In the Value column, change the value to -G -q64
h. Click OK.
i. Click OK.
4. Click Close

But transformer is not working
below is the error log.

##E IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00076 07:06:26(009) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 32512.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 07:06:26(010) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W IIS-DSEE-TFTM-00012 07:06:26(011) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##W IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 07:06:26(012) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: sh: /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r: not found

##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00079 07:06:26(013) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r -O -I/vol01/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/include -O -q64 -c /vol01/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/dstage1/RT_BP1.O/V0S1_Test_Job_Transformer_1.C -o /vol01/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/dstage1/RT_BP1.O/V0S1_Test_Job_Transformer_1.tmp.o.
##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 07:06:26(014) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED. (Test_Job.Transformer_1)

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, it's not so much that the transformer is not working but rather you cannot compile a Parallel job that includes a transformer stage. First question - since I have no idea - is the compiler you installed an official supported compiler for your platform/release?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pardu
Participant

Post by pardu »

Yes i have downloaded below IBM site.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg24032614
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK. Have you verified that the compiler does in fact live in "/usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r" with the appropriate permissions and that the options you specified are in fact correct?

Also note the link you posted may be to an official IBM compiler, but you need to verify that it is actually supported by DataStage, not just AIX.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Craig has already asked you, what happens when you enter "/usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r" on your command line?
pardu
Participant

Post by pardu »

Hi,

c/c++ installation is completed.I have checked /usr/vacpp/bin location there is no xlC_r file.below files are created.

makeC++SharedLib_r7
bin makeC++SharedLib_r
bin makeC++SharedLib128
bin makeC++SharedLib
bin linkxlC
bin c++filt
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Well, if that file doesn't exist then you've found your error.

I can't check right now, but none of those files look like the c compiler calls that I recall seeing on AIX. In fact, a bit of Googling shows me that the call should indeed be "xlC_r". Can you search your system to see if that call might be located elsewhere?
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

post Deleted as duplicate.
Last edited by rameshrr3 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Did you verify XLC/C++ v 12.1 is supported in any version of datastage 8.x ?

I was about to download it , but it was not listed as a supported version for datastage version 8.7 FP1 that we recently installed. The max supported version was XL C/C++ version 11.1 ,and you can download that only if you have an active support contract with IBM for that product.

Look at this IBM Site under pre requisites

For 8. 7 instructions to configure were
d. Select APT_COMPILEOPT. In the Value column, change the value to -c -O -q64
e. Select APT_COMPILER. In the Value column, change the value to /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r
f. Select APT_LINKER. In the Value column, change the value to /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r
g. Select APT_LINKOPT. In the Value column, change the value to -G -q64