Installing Big Data File Stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iShoreETL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iShoreETL »

Greetings DS Warriors...

I am attempting to get the Big Data File Stage to work on my Datastage client. I am having the most difficult time finding the stage itself.

I am using a clean installation of Datastage 8.7, and I have installed FixPack 1. I can tell I'm missing something, but I don't know what.

I am also setting up in accordance with: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21515617

Please let me know where I'm going wrong. I have no idea what I'm missing to get the BDFS to appear on the pallette. Is it there, and I just don't know where in the repo?

I appreciate any wisdom on this.
Thank you.
iShoreETL
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you find it using Quick Find? If not, search in the StageTypes branch of the Repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
iShoreETL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iShoreETL »

using the advanced find, I was able to tweak the question to find the Sequential File Stage, and the File Folders inside the Three Stage types. To that end, BDFS is not present, nor Big Data File Stage, in any of my searches.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
iShoreETL
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Curious about this statement in the linked article:
First, ensure that you have installed the product patch containing the BDFS and any of its pre-requisite patches.

Setup for IBM BigInsights:
The following instructions assume that you have installed IBM BigInsights in the default location (/opt/IBM/biginsights). If this is not the case, alter the paths appropriately.
Did you install "IBM BigInsights"? Perhaps it is delivered outside of FixPack 1...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
iShoreETL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iShoreETL »

I'm trying to get it installed now. Having connectivity issues....the installer won't complete...I will continue to troubleshoot and let you know when complete. Thanks for the thought.
iShoreETL
smart2786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smart2786 »

I am also trying to find BDFS stage. I have read something in this link

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21515617

I have tried this fix pack " fixpack_FP1_IS87_linux64_8700.ispkg ". I am unable to locate ispkg file. Anyone faced the same issue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to tell the update installer precisely where the package file is.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
smart2786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by smart2786 »

Hi Ray

I have installed the patch successfully. Now I am able to see the BDFS stage.

Thanks
Arun Kannan