DSJE_REPERROR

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSJE_REPERROR

Post by sjordery »

Hi All,

I am experiencing below DSJE_REPERROR while trying to run a multiple instance job via command prompt.

Pre_A.main_Seq Error running job Status code = -99 DSJE_REPERROR

Pre_B.main_Seq Error running job Status code = -99 DSJE_REPERROR

Pre_E.main_Seq Error running job Status code = -99 DSJE_REPERROR

On the same server I am able to run other non-multiple instance jobs via command prompt. This has been the case recently and before jobs were running fine.

Could this be because of any change of settings at project or server level.
I tried to search older posts related to this, but couldn't find any helpful to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
SJordery.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you post the syntax you are using, please?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

Hi Craig,

Below is the command which is called from a script

RunInfo=`/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -run -jobstatus $PARAMETERS $PROJECT $JOB.$invoke`

The same command is called twice , at the 1st step it runs a job of single instance, which runs fine and in the 2nd step it calls a multii-nstace job which is failing currently with the error -99 DSJE_REPERROR.

Regards,
SJordery.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you have a multi-instance job "abc", then if "abc" is running you won't be able to start "abc.instance1", but if "abc.instancex" is running you can start "abc" but won't be able to start new instances of "abc" until the master has completed.

I'm not sure if this is your error, though.

If job "def" is not multi-instance, I don't think it can be invoked as "def.", but if it is multi-instance I believe it can be.