success count, error count, warning count of records

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

success count, error count, warning count of records

Post by DSRajesh »

Dear All,

I need to get all the success counts, error counts and warning counts of records loaded in a datastage job.

anyone please guide me on this.

regards
RD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Trying to recall... isn't that information in the job's log?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

I dont see any such counts information in job log can you please tell me where to find the same in log
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

looking farward for the sugessions from some one
RD
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Since your specifications are vague the answers are as well.

All the information you need is present somewhere in the text portions of the director log records.

A Job can have many stages that write records, each of these can have a distinct number of inserts, updates, deletes, success, errors and warnings.

Do you want to find these values in text form, or do you want to extract these values to a file or table?
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Arndw,

Dont think that my questions are vague....Just i am trying for possible ways i can achive this.

Expecting an answer from you for solution.
RD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I hear when one is expecting it takes around nine months to find out what the answer is. :wink:

One a more serious note, you've been given a direction towards a solution - dig into each job's log. Make sure you double-click on them to see the details in each one, especially the passive stage closing entries. From what I recall, that is where the row counts are. Take a good look, dig around rather than just wait for someone to hand specific instructions to you.

Another option would be to interrogate the job itself via the API and the DSGetJobInfo() function as it can return link counts. Pretty much any information you can see in the Director / Monitor should be extractable via the API. However, it would help if you gave more specifics on the nature of the counts you were looking for... can you post an example?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers