Job compiled but not visible in director

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sourabhverma
Participant

Job compiled but not visible in director

Post by sourabhverma »

Hi,

I am trying to compile some parallel jobs & sequencer jobs (Multi Instance Jobs) in my datastage environment wherein the designer is showing that the job is compiled successfully but when I check the same job in director it is showing as Not Compiled job.

I would like to highlight one point that there are some other multi instance jobs in the same project which are compiled fine in designer and visible fine in director also.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sourabh Verma
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sometimes the names can be confusing. Try this - close your designer, open the director. In the director click on the "not compiled" job to highlight that line. Then from the menu bar do a "Tools -> Run Designer". In the designer compile the job, then check the status again in the director.
sourabhverma
Participant

Post by sourabhverma »

Thanks for the Response, I did exactly the same as explained by you but the jobs are still showing as "Not Compiled" status in the director.
Thanks,
Sourabh Verma
aravindunni31
Participant

Post by aravindunni31 »

Close Director log. and later close all clients. Change Link names/Stage names in the job so that it will ask to save it.
Then compile it and try this. Try a throw and catch. Because even i faced the same and this helped me.
Regards,
Aravind V A
saiwelcomes
Participant

Post by saiwelcomes »

Try using 'Force Compile' option.
Regards,
Sai Krishna
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

While the job shows as "not compiled" does that mean that the compile in the designer was successful and the can be run from the designer?
Also, I wonder if there might be a refresh lag in the director - does the "not compiled" status remain after a Ctrl-R in the director? Also, if you can run the job in the designer does the status change in the director?
sourabhverma
Participant

Post by sourabhverma »

1. I already tried with Forced Compile and it is not changing the status in the director.

2. I also tried with the "Multiple Job compile" option by compiling multiple jobs but no changes in the status.

3. Yes the status remain "not compiled" even after Ctrl-R.

4. When I try to run the job from compiler it does not let me to do that and the message comes saying that "The Job ABC has not been compiled'.

5. The job is not having any copilation issue as it is running fine in the other DS environment.
Thanks,
Sourabh Verma
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like a possible permissions issue if the compiler thinks it goes ok but it is in fact actually still uncompiled. Can you check? Use a different userid?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
GavMagill
Participant

Resolution to this problem.

Post by GavMagill »

Hi All

We had this issue on our Window 8.7 Fixpack 1 install as well.

We logged a PMR call with IBM and they have responded with a patch. The patch number is JR45546.

I don't know if they have also provided a fix for Unix installs as well but this patch has fixed the issue for our install. Note that it is a server side patch only.

Note also that I posted this reply on another topic thread which I believe is the same issue.

Cheers

Gavin Magill
Contract ETL Developer
IAG Insurance
Christchurch NZ

Gavin Magill
ETL Developer
+6427 291 0525
bhadlikar
Participant

Re: Resolution to this problem.

Post by bhadlikar »

DJ: I am facing same issue , please let me know more details about the solutaion or patch

Thanks
DJ
DJ
GavMagill
Participant

Re: Resolution to this problem.

Post by GavMagill »

Hi DJ

Google "IBM JR45546" to find the reference to this issue. It details the problem and the solution.

You will need a valid IBM support agreement to download the patch.

Cheers
Gavin Magill
ETL Developer
+6427 291 0525
klychagin
Participant

Post by klychagin »

Hi everyone,

We got same problem with IIS 8.7 fp1 on AIX.
After we opened PMR, IBM Support said that there were patches only for Linux and Windows. Now they are making patch for AIX.
I hope that it won't take much time.
GavMagill
Participant

Post by GavMagill »

It took about two or three weeks for IBM to turn it round for our Windows install. You would kinda figure that if they fixed it in one OS they would have fixed it in all. Perhaps it is too much to expect a bit of proactive maintenance in this day and age. :?
Gavin Magill
ETL Developer
+6427 291 0525