Reg. getting the status from sub sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xch2005
Participant

Reg. getting the status from sub sequence

Post by xch2005 »

Hi,

In the main job sequence I have 5 parallel jobs and 1 job sequence being executed, in the job sequence I have 10 parallel jobs to be executed (in parallel). So have put in sequencer to notify the users if a particular job in this fails and other jobs would need to execute.

For example, if 2 out of 10 jobs in the child sequence fails the notification (email) would be sent for 2 jobs but how will get the status of this in the main sequence. The main sequeunce should continue with other jobs but needs to send out an email that this child sequence had failed.

Main sequence: job1 -> job2 -> job sequence1 -> job3 -> job4 -> job5
Job sequence1: has 10 jobs (would execute in parallel)

Any suggestions please.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In job sequence 1 ensure that "log warning for any activity that completes with other than success" is selected.
In the main sequence create a non-success trigger on the Job activity that runs job sequence 1, and direct that to a Notification activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xch2005
Participant

Post by xch2005 »

Thanks Ray, made the change and it did work. Adding to this will it be possible to get the name of job which failed in the sub sequence and add to the notification in the main sequence.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but you'll need a routine to interrogate the job log of Sequence 1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xch2005
Participant

Post by xch2005 »

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks