Designer crashes on adding env params in Oracle Connector

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wbeitler
Premium Member
Premium Member

Designer crashes on adding env params in Oracle Connector

Post by wbeitler »

I know its only 8.7.0.0, but why does the designer module crash every other time when adding environment parameters to the connection properties of the Oracle Connector... Any experiences, clues, fixes, or patches ?! Crash rate is around 40%... Makes me afraid to click... :?

thanks in advance,

William
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Always check Fix Central to see what patches and fixes have been published. There are 20 in the Windows x86-64 list as of today, including a rollup Fix Pack 1 that has appeared with little or no fanfare.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I'm on 8.7.0.0 on a Unix server as well and have not faced that problem on the same stage or any other Connector stage. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Have you checked if the problem happens across multiple clients or not? If not, your client install got messed up. Run the ISALite health check on your client.

Rollup patch 1 for 8.7 is not the same as a Fix pack. If you want you can go to the IBM site and subscribe to email notifications. Rollup patch 1 was announced in so many notifications, it would be hard to miss it if you read those emails. :wink:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
wbeitler
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wbeitler »

Hi Ray & qt_ky,

happens accross multiple client installations. Roll-up fixes are planned for installation next week. Keep you posted.

William
wbeitler
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wbeitler »

Behaviour has not occured since rollout of fixpack. Case closed.

William