Strange termination of Sequence job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pierre
Participant

Strange termination of Sequence job

Post by Pierre »

Hi,

I have a sequence job that runs simultaneously 2 instances of the same job (after a sequencer).
The log contains the following lines :

RunJob <Seq_Job> -> (<ParallelJob.Instance1>): Job run requested (...)
Info <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (DSRunJob): Waiting for job <ParallelJob.Instance1> to start
RunJob <Seq_Job> -> (<ParallelJob.Instance2>): Job run requested (...)
Info <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (DSRunJob): Waiting for job <ParallelJob.Instance2> to start
Info <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (DSWaitForJob): Waiting for job <ParallelJob.Instance2>+<ParallelJob.Instance1> to finish
Info <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (DSWaitForJob): Job <ParallelJob.Instance2> has finished, status = 3 (Aborted)
Warning <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (<@LinkToParallelInstance2>): Job <ParallelJob.Instance2> did not finish OK, status='Aborted'
Warning <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (<@LinkToParallelInstance2>): Controller problem: Unhandled abort encountered in job <ParallelJob.Instance2>
Info <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (DSWaitForJob): Waiting for job <ParallelJob.Instance1> to finish
Info <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (DSWaitForJob): Job <ParallelJob.Instance1> has finished, status = 1 (Finished OK)
Info <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run (...)
Fatal <Seq_Job.Instance.JobControl> (fatal error from @Coordinator): Sequence job will be aborted due to previous unrecoverable errors

No log is produced for <ParallelJob.Instance1>, nor for <ParallelJob.Instance2> (even if the log "says" that <ParallelJob.Instance1> has been started and terminated OK.
Does anyone have any idea about what is happening ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that no log is produced. Have you checked the base job as well as the individual instances in Director?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pierre
Participant

Post by Pierre »

Hi,

Thanks for the response, Ray.

Yes, I have checked everything I found, base job, instances, but nothing appears.
It seems like no job started.
Nothing in Director, nothing else using dsjob... nothing at all.

Pierre.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What are your Auto-Purge settings for "ParallelJob"? Where are your logs stored - are you using ORLogging or RTLogging?
Last edited by chulett on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Pierre
Participant

Post by Pierre »

Hi Craig,

RTLogging=0
ORLogging=1
[AUTO-PURGE]
PurgeEnabled=1
DaysOld=1
PrevRuns=0

What I don't understand is the fact that there is no log for <ParallelJob.Instance1> while the sequence log says that it has been launched and terminated OK (and vice-versa)...

Pierre.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Using ORLogging means the logs are stored in XMETA so you need to look for logs using the console rather than the Director. Administration tab, Log Management menu, Log View option.
-craig

Pierre
Participant

Post by Pierre »

Hi,

Yes, but why are many of my job logs visible via Director ?
And why are some others not visible via the console ?
There is something I don't understand in the logs usage, I'm afraid :oops:

Pierre.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can't answer that question. Did you perhaps change the logging from one location to the other and what you are seeing are pre- or post-change? Or is it set differently per project? Perhaps it is specific to your version, something you haven't mentioned yet.

You'd really need to put that in front of your official support provider to find out what's going on, it would seem to me.
-craig

mukejee
Participant

Post by mukejee »

Hi,

Please check the filter option in the director log. Sometimes it can be filtered for some specific date. Change it to filter all entries option.
This may help you.

Thanks
MUS