Job access log

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

techiexavier
Participant

Job access log

Post by techiexavier »

Hi All,

I want to get the list of users who has modified particular job and which date it has been modified, since it is created.

I am able to get last user modifed, created date and last modified date in Designer.

Please help me if it is possible in DS 8.5 with UNIX script or in Designer.

TIA.
Thanks!
Xavi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

This information can be found in the DS_AUDIT table, MODS association.

Search DSXchange for examples.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Welcome to DSXChange,

There is a hashed file called "DS_AUDIT" in each project with contains some information about the job creation and modification dates. This file is not documented, but can be read from a DataStage server job.
Unfortunately the information about the actual user doing the changes isn't visible in this file - it always shows as "dsadm" or whatever user you have chosen at installation time for the engine.
I haven't been keeping up with the repository changes at 8.7 (or 8.5, for that matter) and there might be a way to get this information in another manner.
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

Thanks for your replies... i am not able to get exactly what i require. But helps me to work with DS_AUDIT...
Thanks!
Xavi