Need New Zealand IBM software support number to raise a PMR

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need New Zealand IBM software support number to raise a PMR

Post by tehavele »

Hi Experts,

I Need New Zealand IBM software support phone number to raise a PMR.
I am unable to do it through ESR. Please give me a number that I can call from India. The planetwide number on IBM site for Newzealand is not working from India.

Thanks in Advance.
Tejas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can log PMRs through the support portal. You don't need to use the phone. (The person who answers the phone is probably in Bangalore anyway.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Yes Ray you are right. You need to register and there after need to raise PMR using their portal.

Use the below link.

https://www-946.ibm.com/xsrAuth/authent ... ion.action
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even more amazing, there's a list of worldwide telephone numbers to be found on the support portal. So if you really, really, really need to use the telephone (registration is still required), you could find the number here for New Zealand.

Isn't technology wonderful?

You'll still probably end up talking to someone in Bangalore, at least during the first part of the PMR process.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Still we can call IBM support, if it is a PROD ISSUE / SEVERITY 1. For the rest need to launch via portal.
Thanks
Ram
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the information. But i have an issue creating a PMR online.
Hence tried the numbers for Newzealand. But the numbers cant be dialled from India. It says that the service is not available to your location.

that's why I asked it there is any alternate number.
Tejas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why do you feel that you have to call New Zealand? Every number in the world is listed on their site. Why not simply call the number for India? :?
Last edited by chulett on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I assume that the OP's actual customer (the one with the support contract) is in NZ while the OP is offshore.

It reminds me of the time I was waiting for my US-Visa for Ascential and I was doing a project in Canada; I need to call a special 900 number in order to arrange my interview and I couldn't dial that from anywhere. In the end, my boss (Pete Fiore at the time) ended up calling from his home phone in the USA... that 900-number cost $75 to call!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... gotcha.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

Yes, you are right ArndW :) .

I am working out of India, where as the IBM customer number corresponds to NZ.
I did call the Indian number, but of no use. He asked me to call on NZ number. I tried calling NZ no but it could not connect from here...

Getting registered to the IBM site and logging a call via ESR not so friendly... trying hard but in vain... cause I already registrd my mail ID for old customer... prob with new one :(
Tejas
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

"Your" email ID should be registered with the company you are doing support for (end client) not your consulting firm.

If you transition support from one company to the next, the support contract stays with the customer, not with your home email account.

Can you not ask someone else from your consulting firm for assistance? You're most likely not the first person on that support contract to NZ. Someone else must have been able to provide support before you.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

As PaulVL siad, first you need to register your email id and that will go to your approver (whoever involded / nominated ) and they have to approve. Once that is done, then only you can able to raise the new PMR.
Thanks
Ram
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think you can register your IBM ID against multiple customers - when you create a new PMR it prompts you for the customer ID you are raising the PMR against. You need someone from the customer site to approve your self-nomination.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not just "someone" either - it has to the the Site Technical Contact who is registered with IBM as such.