IOD 2012

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

IOD 2012

Post by FranklinE »

In the "not sure if it goes here" spirit, I'm posting to find out who is planning to attend IOD 2012 in LV in October. I just got clearance to go, it's my first time :!: and I'm hoping to meet some of you in person.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I'm asking my manager if I can go. I might also be a presenter.

(long story)

A co-worker is creating the presentation, but opted not to go, I might be picking the torch up from him.

Last year was great. Thanks all who attended the presentation I made and your feedback.

Here's my recommendations for any and all who attend. Sign up for those birds of a feather roundtable chats. You make some good connections that way. Remember to follow up with those folks!

Were some comfortable walking shoes.

Find out from your local IBM rep what after hours meetings / events there are, and sign up.

Create a post on DSXchange to coordinate a users get together. place and time.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Who else's manager might be sending them to the conference?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

IOD online site

Post by deboots »

It's helpful that the IOD 2012 schedule is now posted! I'm looking forward to meeting many of you at the Sunday night IM networking event.

It looks like the system that lets you plan your agenda will also let you see who else is attending

Appreciate the suggestion about the birds of a feather lunches!

Here's the link for the site that lets you see/build your agenda. You will need your conference registration confirmation number (7 characters):

Please click on the following link and enter your confirmation number and last name:
http://www.iodsmartsite.com/?action=firsttimeuser
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Hello,

Any hint if the Big Blue brother will be announcing/presenting the next IIS version? 8.9?

Regards
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One of the topics is "A Detailed Look at IBM InfoSphere DataStage 9.1". Tuesday at 16:30, South Pacific I.

So maybe there won't be a version 8.9.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The last two releases have happened during the IOD week so they can announce it to the media on the first day of the conference. I am surprised they have leaked the release name and number as that is something IBM legal try to prevent.

I will be at the conference and you can find me at the InfoSphere reception on Sunday night or at my presentation:
Session: IIG-1775A A Best Practice Solution for Automated Data Quality Scorecards
Time: Mon, 22/Oct, 03:45 PM - 05:00 PM
Location: Mandalay Bay North Convention Center - South Pacific H
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

I will be at the reception on Sunday evening. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dilbert from Ray

Post by deboots »

HA! Just now followed the link in Ray's email above to the Dilbert cartoon.

Priceless!!!!

Thanks RAY!
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

This is the DataStage 9.1 session description:
InfoSphere DataStage is consistently rated as an industry-leading offering for data integration. The last few releases have introduced exciting new features - Hadoop Connectivity, Web-based Operational Monitoring, Parallel and Scalable Debugging, and many more. Join this session to learn about the features in our newest release that will help you manage the volume, variety and velocity of information in your organization. As we focus on topics like Big Data, Business Driven Transformation, Workload Management and others, our product experts will lend insight into the value these features will bring to your organization
It mostly mentions the 8.7 improvements but a clue on 9.1 is more big data, more workload management and whatever they mean by "Business Driven Transformation".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect that's tighter integration of Data Rules.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Just booked my flight and hotel room.

Confirmed to speak too. "How to brew your own Information Server Admin" (or words to that effect).

Hope to meet up with a bunch of you guys.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

As of now IIS 9.1 is being documented and document reviews are in progress- thats what I heard from our IBM support . Sorry no more v 8 :)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Informatica is in their 9.x release cycle so there's no way IBM could stick with a smaller number for IIS / DataStage... everybody knows 9 is greater than 8! :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

And they are skipping the 9.0 because 8.0 release level was a lemon.

Can't wait for 9.1 fix pack 1! (9.1.1)

:)