user was unable to login to Datastage Clients

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajaykumar
Participant

user was unable to login to Datastage Clients

Post by ajaykumar »

Hi All,

yesterday we add some new mount points to our server and increased the size of the existing mount points as well and after that we reboot the server. But here are the issues i am facing.

previously i used to start and stop the dsrpc with the id dsadm, but after the yesterday changes i am getting this message

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/uv -admin -start
Killed
and even to stop the DS engine also getting the same message

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/uv -admin -stop
Killed
But we are able to start and stop the DS engine with root Access, but for some reason dsadm is not able to do these activities and there is another id which was not able to login to DS client as well and was not able to trigger any datastage jobs we are getting the below message
ERROR: Failed to open project
Status code = 81002
+ rc=255

Any help will be really appreciated
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

My best guess is that somehow permissions got changed somewhere along the way. Both symptoms are pointing in that general direction.

I would suggest loading down a copy of ISA Lite for IIS and running an health-check to see if it can spot the issue.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

We are in the process of installing ISALite in our IIS to ensure the health check of the servers.

I would like to understand more whether this ISALite collects information about UVConfig parameters and Project level environment variable configurations?

Can someone throw some light on this?

Thanks
Elavenil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This will become clearer once you've run ISALite - it is quite comprehensive in its reporting. You can in most cases readily infer the source.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Thanks Ray for your response.

Understand that ISALite provides comprehensive info to identify the bottleneck of a DataStage issue. But i am trying to collect each and every parameter's value in UVConfig file and Project level environment variables values. Would ISALite help on this?

Regards
Elavenil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ISA Lite does very many things, as you'll see when you run it and look at its menu. As for your specific requirements, I don't know off the top of my head, but those things are readily determined by inspection.

Actual values in use (in shared memory) from uvconfig can be determined using the analyze.shm -t command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.