unix commands in windows env

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ntr
Participant

unix commands in windows env

Post by ntr »

can i run unix commands in sequential file filter iam working in windows

environment

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The MKS Toolkit gets installed as part of DataStage and that contains quite a few standard UNIX commands. Thus the answer to your question is "maybe". Do you know which commands you need to issue?
ntr
Participant

Post by ntr »

Hi Thanks ArndW for quick reply i had written command in that filter is grep-w detail but it throwing error command not found and job got aborted
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

"grep" is most certainly part of the MKS Toolkit. I'm really surprised that the command wasn't found, since if the $PATH isn't set correctly for MKS toolkit then DataStage itself wouldn't run. If you search your server for "grep.exe" to find the correct directory you can then make sure that it is part of your path at runtime (look at the 1st or 2nd log entry of any job in the director to see the runtime path settings).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... or try fully pathing the grep command in the Filter.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ntr
Participant

Post by ntr »

Thanks ArndW & chulett due to server problem i'm not able to connect to datastage in my vpc i will try it after some time and let you know the result

Thanks