IBM XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition compiler

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjhouse
Premium Member
Premium Member

IBM XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition compiler

Post by sjhouse »

I am in process of installing DataStage 8.5 on AIX and would like to know licensing details about the compiler

IBM documentation says it requires the IBM XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition compiler

so if i have 10 concurrent users license do i have to license the compiler for 10 users or is the license part of DataStage 8.5 purchase. if anyone can share some details.

The documentation says that WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, Version 7.0 is included to run Services tier. so is compiler part of same deal.

http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview. ... wg27016382
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The compiler (xlC_r) is not part of the deal. You can get away with only a single compiler licence, but this means that only one developer will be able to compile at any one time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sjhouse
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjhouse »

Thanks Ray.

Any idea if a concurrent user license would work instead of Authorized per user license. because we have LDAP-PAM AIX environment. so in that case we can buy 5 user license for developers to share & compile parallel jobs
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would feel confident in saying that if your platform supports concurrent licensing for the compiler, you'd be fine as you noted. Unless Ray notes otherwise, of course. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Seems a reasonable guess, but probably worth checking with IBM anyway.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.