Missing Job Names in DSODB...

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Missing Job Names in DSODB...

Post by kaps »

Code: Select all

SELECT R.JOBID, J.JOBNAME, RUNSTARTTIMESTAMP, RUNENDTIMESTAMP,  ELAPSEDRUNSECS, RUNMAJORSTATUS, TOTALROWSCONSUMED, TOTALROWSPRODUCED
FROM
"DSODB"."JOBEXEC" J,
"DSODB"."JOBRUN" R
WHERE
R.JOBID = J.JOBID
AND J.JOBNAME = 'MyJob'
When I execute the above SQL, I get all the columns except Job Name. Why is it not printing just the Job NAme ? Am I missing something here ?

Thanks
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

I am not asking for fast response here but just wondering if I explained my question properly...Does anyone else have the issue or is it just on my side ?

Thanks for your time...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your question is fine, it's just that I for one have no idea what the answer might be. I thought the name of the job was only in the DSJOB table as the NAME field, I'm not familiar with the gory details of the JOBRUN and JOBEXEC tables. If your filter is working it must be present there in some fashion, however.

Hopefully one of the Universe experts like Ray or Kim will know the why of it...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Found the issue...'Job Name' column is defined as vargraphic data type so the query tool I was using was not able to display it. I converted to char and it works now...

Thanks...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Vargraphic? That's... interesting. Glad you figured it out.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All keys in XMETA, XMETASR and DSODB are defined as VARGRAPHIC. (At least when DB2 is used.)
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... just had to go google up what exactly a "VARGRAPHIC" field might be. Not something I've run across before.
-craig