problem when installing FixPack2 to IIS 8.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

problem when installing FixPack2 to IIS 8.1

Post by ashishm »

Hi,

I have IIS8.1 base version installed on the server. I'm trying to install FixPack2 on top of that. In the Updater Installer wizard, after I select the fix package location, it prompts me for both Information Server Administrator username/password and Websphere Application Server Administrator username/password. After I input both credentials, it returns an error saying that "invalid username and password, or the user is not a Websphere Administrator user". I can use the same username/password to log into WAS web console. In fact, when I stop the server using the script stopServer.sh, it prompts me for a username and password, and I use the same password to stop the server. I'm sure when I installed IIS, as a part of it, I also installed the WAS and provide the same username/password. ( in my case, it's wasadmin/Pa55w0rd).

I really have no idea why it couldn't recognize that username and password when I'm doing the fixpack installation.

Can anyone help me here? It's kinda urgent, thanks in advance.
Karthik.M
Participant

Post by Karthik.M »

I am sending u the Installation Procedure document link . U can use this to install fix pack 2 for both DS 8.1 server and client.

http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview. ... wg27020222
Karthik.M
Analyst
Infotrellis.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that this will be much value to U (one of our posters). We know for a fact (from DSXchange posts) that U is using version 8.7.

The second person personal pronoun in Engish is spelled "you". We strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. You should also do so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.