DataStage 8.7 installation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vlis
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage 8.7 installation

Post by vlis »

I am looking at creating a Windows Basic Installation of DataStage 8.7 in my company's training enviroment.

Can DataStage 8.7 be installed as a separate package or must it be installed as part of the Information Server Install?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there an existing instance of Information Server whose services tier could be used to manage the new Engine? If so, then you can get away with just installing the Engine tier (and any needed clients, of course). Otherwise you will need all four tiers of Information Server on the training machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vlis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vlis »

There aren't any existing instances of Information Server, this is a new install.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then you must install Information Server. DataStage is not a stand-alone product (since version 7.5).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.