Need to know whether DS can call SAP ECC function module

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need to know whether DS can call SAP ECC function module

Post by jagadam »

Hi Everyone,

So far in our project we have been using ABAP_Extract_Pack_for_SAP_R_3_6 stage to access SAP BW tables/SAP ECC tables and load into data warehouse. Now we have got a requirement to call SAP function modules directly through datastage and captures the return data ( Not sure with the wordings ).I have started looking into the SAP DS documentation and would really appreciate if anyone could throw their inputs how to call and back end settings that needs to be done and the stage we have to use.

Thanks in Advance
NJ
jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jagadam »

Could anyone throw inputs?
NJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Doesn't seem like anyone has any inputs and I for one have no clue. Have you asked your official support provider if this is possible?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

jagadam wrote:Could anyone throw inputs?
It's a given among the premium posters at least that, if anyone has anything constructive to provide, they will. Silence means that we have nothing to contribute or that we have not yet gotten around to reading the thread. The latter is unlikely if 24 hours have gone by (except for weekends).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.