Execute Log

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

_chamak
Premium Member
Premium Member

Execute Log

Post by _chamak »

Hi,

I have a requirement saying that I need to send an email if the sequencer fail.

below is the design for exception handling

Excpetion Handler-----> script to pick up the ds execute log file----->email notifiction.

But when i run i am getting only half of the log file.

Can someone help me.

I need to email the log attachement when the seq fails.

Thanks in advance
-Thanks
Chamak
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We'd need more information in order to help you properly. For example, what is your script doing to "pick up the ds execute log file" and some clarification around what "half the log file" means.

Any idea where the issue lies? Is the entire log getting written to the file but it is being lost when attaching it or is only part of the log entries in the file your script generates?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
_chamak
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by _chamak »

Thanks for the reply. Its just a command we are using to go to the log folder and pick the log file that we need to attach. When we run the sequencer, i think the log file is not fiully created before we pick the file and email it. So the issue is we are not getting the entire log.
-Thanks
Chamak
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... without a more definitive explanation of the issue, we're just guessing. How are you running the script after the Exception Handler - the Execute Command stage? If so it should wait for the script to complete before moving on to the Email Notification unless you are doing something unusual there.

When you go back and look at the log file on the server after the sequence job completes, is it whole?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers