Firing query on UNIVERSE through UNIX script

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: As noted - 'cd' to either DSEngine or a Project and then launch dssh by fully pathing the executable. The latter will remove the need to LOGTO.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shobhit_vk_gupta
Participant

Post by shobhit_vk_gupta »

Hi friends,

As told you before, when I fire dssh command in bin directory of DataStage Engine I use to get following output:

bash-2.05b$
bash-2.05b$ dssh
This directory is not set up for DataStage.
Would you like to set it up (Y/N)?

Shall I set it up by pressing "Y". Actually I don't know the impact of this action on the datastage server, hence I am avoiding this action.

I am sure allowing to set this directory might give the answer of my earlier question.

If you have any idea then please let me know the impact if I take the above mentioned action.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

dssh has to be run from Project directory or DSEngine. If you run from any other location you will get what you got. "Never Press Y". You must cd to the above specified location and then start dssh either by specifying the full path of dssh or by setting the PATH variable, which can easily be done by sourcing dsenv.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: