Sequencer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PhaniKonagalla
Participant

Sequencer

Post by PhaniKonagalla »

Hi,

Suppose 3 jobs are there in sequencer and job 2 failed. I want to design the sequencer in such a way that when i run the sequencer , it should start from job2.

Any suggestions please?
Phani Kumar
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

It looks like you need to go through the product documentation to understand how job sequence works and in case if it aborts, how to enable/disable check points to make it re-startable depending on your requirement.The questions that you have posted today on this forum are very generic questions and if you have a good understaning of the fundamentals, you should be in a position to answer these questions yourself. :wink:
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The sequence job properties include four compilation options. One is the ability to add checkpoints so that the sequence can automatically restart from the point of failure. All you need to do is select this option and re-compile.

Incidentally, a Sequencer is a component that you can use in a Sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

In addition, for starting from the point of failure, you should know that the sequence job must abort else it will not start from the point of failure.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: