Email Notification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sush26283
Participant

Email Notification

Post by sush26283 »

I have a question regarding which I need some information. I want to know if we can have multiple email addresses in the recipient email's address...because am trying to include my email id and a group email id, but the group isn't getting the notification at the end of the process.

Thanks for the help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It depends on your email server. Try various delimiters - space, comma no space, comma space, semi-colon... one of them should work.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

i tried as you suggested but nothing seems to be working...somehow its not sending the email to the Group Email ID, if I explicitly specify multiple email id's then its fine, but if I mention the Group Email Id, it wont...please suggest
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

sush26283 wrote:if I explicitly specify multiple email id's then its fine, but if I mention the Group Email Id, it wont...please suggest
OK, that's a little different. Check with whomever manages your email groups and verify that it is setup to have an "external" email id associated with it and that you are using that rather than the internal group name.
-craig

sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

Ok...Sorry, but you completely lost me there...because in the sender's email id am using my official(work email) id and in the recipient the Group Email ID.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... hopefully that would make sense to your admin if you took it to them. :wink:

For example, we have a group id called ETLSupport and anyone can use that on the internal network when they send email via Outlook. However, for us to use it from the ETL server for notifications, it had to have an external "E-mail" associated with it like "ETLSupport@whatever.com"... which is what we use from our ETL tool.

Make more sense? Is that what you are doing?
-craig

sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

yes, that is what i am doing, we use the google suite here, so the Group ID that we have set up is say ETLSupport@gmail.com (which sends the email to the people associated with the group), so this is the exact id that am using in the recipient section of the email notification, but its not sending the email to anyone on the group
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then it seems to me that you need to bring the issue to whomever administers email for your company as it doesn't sound like you are doing anything 'wrong'.
-craig