Generate diff between jobs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Generate diff between jobs

Post by eph »

Hi,

I'm in the process of automate job comparison and I plan to use diffapicmdline to generate reports.

I got the following error and nothing is generated after :

Code: Select all

Validating syntax of /lhscd.
Validating syntax of /rhscd.
Preparing Items Jx_BO_DIM_Chargement_Init_Prev_002_PC and Jx_BO_DIM_Chargement_I
nit_002_PC

.Unhandled Exception:Unhandled Exception:  System.ApplicationException: System n
ot set up
   at IBM.DataStage.DiffApi.Shared.ExportItem.DoExport(Object NULL) System.Appli
cationException: System not set up
   at IBM.DataStage.DiffApi.Shared.ExportItem.DoExport(Object NULL)

my command line is :

C:\IBM_OLD\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\diffapicmdline.exe /lhscd "/D=slxd2003:9080 /H=slxd2003 /U=eph-eropigl1 /P=***** slxd2003/EROPIGL1_INIT Jx_BO_DIM_Chargement_Init_Prev_002_PC" /rhscd "Jx_BO_DIM_Chargement_Init_002_PC" /t Job /ot HTML /ol c:\test.html
How could I get rid of this error?

Thanks

Regards,
Eric
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Unhandled exception means a bug in the exe file. Open a support case. There's probably a log file generated elsewhere on your client that may offer clues.

I would guess your hostname may not be correct. Try /H=SLXD2003 instead. You can also follow that with the DS Engine port number.

Open Designer and enter the services tier, user name, and password, then click the Project drop-down. Depending on your version, you may see projects listed as uppercase server name:DSEngine port/project name. Take the part before the slash and paste it into your /h= value in the command line.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I forgot to mention it worked fine when I used it on 8.5 (may have been 8.7). I did have my host name in uppercase followed by colon and engine port number.

Another difference is I gave project name alone and not prefixed by server name with a slash.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eph »

Hi,

For the record, I managed to get the diff tool working by changing my current dir to the diff one :D

Final code is as follow :

cd %PATH%

%Cmd% /lhscd "/D=%DomainL% /H=%HostL% /U=%UserL% /P=%PasswordL% %HostL%.app.loc/%ProjectL% %JobLeft%" /rhscd "/D=%DomainR% /H=%HostR% /U=%UserR% /P=%PasswordR% %HostR%.app.loc/%ProjectR% %JobRight%" /t Job /ot HTML /ol c:\test.html 
Thanks for the help

Regards,
Eric