Configure DataStage to access DB2 servers

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhik05
Participant

Configure DataStage to access DB2 servers

Post by abhik05 »

We have installed IIS v 8.1 on Aix server successfully.We are able to run jobs with basic stages.We need to configure to access DB2 server.

We have DB2 server and Datastage server on the same AIX server.We have created separate database instance to be accessed by datastage jobs.

Can anyone please list the steps how to configure IBM WebSphere DataStage to access DB2 servers?We have gone through the documentation but not sure about it.
We have made below entries to the dsenv file already and restarted the server successfully with no success.
-------------------------
DB2DIR=/opt/IBM/db2/V9
export DB2DIR
DB2INSTANCE=db2inst2
export DB2INSTANCE
INSTHOME=/export/home/db2inst2
export INSTHOME
PATH=$PATH:$INSTHOME/sqllib/bin:$INSTHOME/sqllib/adm:$INSTHOME/sqllib/misc
export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$INSTHOME/sqllib/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
THREADS_FLAG=native export THREADS_FLAG
-----------------------------------

Thanks
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I have DB2 Connector stages working from 8.5/8.7 on AIX 6.1 (all 64-bit).

I don't have INSTHOME in the dsenv file, although that can't hurt.

I don't have any DB2 settings added to PATH in dsenv.

These next two are key:

On AIX you need to use LIBPATH instead of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

In LIBPATH I have /opt/IBM/db2/V9/lib64 as the only DB2 setting added. You may not need lib64 for example if you're on a 32-bit setup.

For which instance setting you put into dsenv, I'm hoping someone else can answer. I put db2inst1 into mine because I'm having only 1 instance, the one installed by default to contain the XMETA repository for Information Server.
Last edited by qt_ky on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

On your two lines for what should be LIBPATH and THREADS_FLAG, make sure they are each on two lines or else separate each two lines using a semicolon.

I'm not sure the significance of the THREADS_FLAG setting. I don't have it in my dsenv file and everything has been working OK.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius