Jobs disapper in the Director

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jobs disapper in the Director

Post by SURA »

Hello All

Today we noticed some (only some) of the jobs are disappeared in the director. On top of that, some of the jobs which was in the completed / failed / whatever may the status is not changed to NOT COMPILED.

Not sure what is happening, but all i want to know is; Is it the symptom of something is going to be bad?

Any idea?
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Is someone importing without your knowledge? Is the current status static or changing?
Kandy

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is anyone running Clear Status File from Director or from DS.TOOLS menu? Either of these is likely to reset status to Not Compiled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If some jobs don't show, something can be corrupted. You can try opening the job from Designer repository, saving it as a new name and deleting the old job from there. Naming it back, etc.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Hi Ray

Either me / one more guy will use DS.TOOLS and not others in the project. I trust we haven't used this option by knowing. So remote chance for this. Let me check it and confirm it.
Thanks
Ram
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Hi Eric

Yes, i tried that yesterday. If i move the job to another folder and bring back to the old place, then i can see job in the director with the full log. That made me to think, like logical delete of some jobs. I am not sure where / how to confirm where the issue is!.
Thanks
Ram