Period or dot in Invocation ID

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rroy2
Participant

Period or dot in Invocation ID

Post by rroy2 »

Hi,

I have a multi-instance parallel sequencer invoking a multi-instance server job.
The seqencer is receving a value in 'pJobName' job parameter as ABC.123 (some jobname.Runid)

We are passing this pJobName value to server job as the invocation id. But the job gets triggered with name as 'ServerJobName.ABC' only. It misses 123 in name (we want it to be like 'ServerJobName.ABC.123)

Is it that Invocation Ids dont take '.' (dot/period) in the values??
If not is ther a way to pass this, and make the job name further unique by adding .123 to it?

Please help

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, you can't have a dot in the actual Invocation ID value. Why not replace the second dot with something like an underscore?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I think extra dots will confuse it, as the dot is a delimiter. If you're set on using a dot, check with IBM. You may be able to request it as an enhancement for a future release. If other people are not requesting the same thing though, then I don't think it's too likely to be added.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Dots are not and never will be accepted, for the same reason that (in most databases anyway) they're not permitted in identifier names such as schema, table and column names.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.