Parameter Set usage?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mczern
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parameter Set usage?

Post by mczern »

If I have several datastage jobs that have the same parameter set defined as an input parameter to the job and then add these jobs to a job sequence. Is there a way to specify that the same parameter set values (a set of values with the same name) be used by all of the jobs within the sequence? Or, are the jobs supposed to have the parameter set subcomponents defined and the values of those subcomponents are assigned values from the parameter set defined in the Job Sequence?
Mike Czerniawski
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Two solutions.

One is to leave the Parameter Set "value" as (as defined) throughout.

The other, really useful if you want occasionally to use different values, is to make use of "values files" for the Parameter Set. In this case use the name of the values file instead of "(as defined)".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mczern
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mczern »

As always, Thanks Ray for the info!

I was playing around with the jobs and realized that if I have a Sequence with the Same Parameter Set name defined, I can click on the properties of the Job stage, click on the Parameter Set within the stage and click on the Insert Parameter button and it automatically assigns the Sequence parameter set info to the job stage parameter set. I was able to cascade the definition throughout my Job Sequence.
Mike Czerniawski