How to turn on OR logging?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to turn on OR logging?

Post by karthi_gana »

All,

I have ganthered enough information about RTLogging and ORLogging. I have verified my DSParams file too.

It has the below details.

RTLogging=1
ORLogging=0

now...my question is if i want to turn on ORLogging, do i need to just change the value from 0 to 1? or is there any option available in the job property window? i don't think so.

if i enabled the ORLogging, where i can see the log details? say for example, for RTLogging, I can see the log in RT_LOGXXXX table like that for ORLogging where i can see the log?

shall i maintain as below in my project?

RTLogging=1
ORLogging=1

is it possible?
Karthik
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

In what scenario you would need the logs stored in 2 places? Hence I think it should not be the case when you mark both variables as 1 and even though it allows it, you should not use that. Hope someone gives the answer to what happens if you set both to 1 but should be mutually exclusive. Have you tried it?

ORLogging enables datastage to store the logs in xmeta and yes it is done by changing just these two environment variables.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

While I agree that I don't see turning both 'on' as a good idea, it's obvious they've allowed for that because there are two separate variables that control it. If they wanted to ensure it was always one or the other, they would have used a single variable. One would certainly hope so, anyway.

From what I recall, the logs stored in XMETA are viewed from the console.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

How should i view the XMETA database from console?
Karthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Administration tab, Log Management menu, Log View option.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

which tool? Datastage Designer or Datastage Administrator or "Console for IBM Information Server".
Karthik
kmsekhar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kmsekhar »

In "Console for IBM Information Server"...
Thanks,
Sekhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Wrong. Console for IBM InfoSphere Information Server supports Information Analyzer and Information Services Director. The one you want is Web Console for IBM InfoSphere Information Server and you will require sufficient privileges to view the logs (granted through Information Server roles and DataStage and QualityStage project roles).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.