Query - Project Access

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Query - Project Access

Post by karthi_gana »

All,

There are around 20-25 projects list down in the "Datastage Designer" (if i click the project drill down box).

I have the access to only one project. If i choose any other project, i am getting the below error message.

"The Current user doesn't have the required Datastage roles set up."

It seems like i don't have the access to that project. Now...I would like to know for which projects i have the rights and for which projects i don't have the access.

Can anybody give me that query to get the list?
Also If i want to give access to my userid to other project(s) what are all the steps needs to be followed?
Karthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So, you're trying to break the security that your administrator has set up?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You will have to request that the DataStage Administrator grant your ID access to each DataStage project you need access to. You can't grant yourself access unless you are the administrator to begin with... Simple as that!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

ray.wurlod wrote:So, you're trying to break the security that your
administrator has set up?
no..no..:)

I just wanted to know how to do this?
Karthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Without administrator access, you won't be able to.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

yes..if i know the command i will document it. I am in the process of documenting all the queries, commands and shell scripts (generic one) which i gathered from here.
Karthik