Client Login Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhilashnair
Participant

Client Login Error

Post by abhilashnair »

We have installed IIS8.5 recently. It is a dedicated Engine architecture.

getting the following error when trying to login from Windows client machine to designer/director/admin/manager

SECJ0395E: Could not locate the SecurityServer at host/port:{0} to validate the userid and password entered. You might need to specify valid securityServerHost/Port in ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/profiles/profile_name/properties/sas.client.props file

Please help
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

I can telnet to the services tier machine from my windows machine. I can also access web console and IIS console. But I cannot login to any of the clients

Does anyone have any idea?
Last edited by abhilashnair on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you specifying port number 9080 with the domain?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

Yes I am doing that. I first thought it to be a port opening issue on client side but then found out that I can telnet to the server on port 9080 from windows client.

I tried the command:
telnet IP 9080

In the director client, I am using:
IP:9080

One thing I forgot to mention here is that on the same services tier, we used to have IIS 8.1. Recently we moved to IIS8.5.Not been able to login since then even once!! But the architecture/topology is the same. Also nothing has changed with regards to IP/ hostname. The same windows client was working absolutely fine with 8.1. The only change that has happened on all the three tiers is installation of 8.5 after completely removing IIS8.1. IP addresses and host names remain same on all 3 machines. Unless extra ports need to be opened for IIS8.5 which were not required for IIS8.1, there should not be an issue. As far as the installation document goes, I have confirmed that the required ports have been opened
Terala
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Terala »

Hi,
Has your issue been resolved? If yes, Can you please share the resolution.

Thanks
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

The issue went away when port 9107 was opened from client. Interestingly enough, this port number does not find a mention in the Installation document. We came to know of this by co-ordinating with the n/w team and they informed us that when the client tries to connect it tries thru this particular port and since it is not open, it fails
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Check the response file left over from your 8.5 install. The default file name is response.txt and will be in your InformationServer directory. You should find port 9107 in the file as well as many other ports. In my case I found a port 9105. The automatically chosen port numbers will vary based on your tiers and other instances or versions. You can override port numbers during the install too.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Can you tell me what you mean by "port 9107 was opened from the client"? Exactly what was done?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

That 3 year old post was most likely a reference to having the network people open up a firewall that had been blocking client/server traffic on the given port number.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius