UpdateSignerCert.bat error Could not create an RMI Connector

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vikas gupta
Participant

UpdateSignerCert.bat error Could not create an RMI Connector

Post by vikas gupta »

Error while logging from client - :\buildspace\mozart\trunk\mozart\Modules\IBM.Mozart.UI\src\UI\Security\LoginDialog.cs:line 823
com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JNDILoginException: The URL [iiop://L032XSTS03:2809] that is used to connect to the host [10.8.55.135] on the port [9080] is incorrect or is not trusted. To trust the connection, import the signer certificate into the local truststore, by running the following UpdateSignerCerts command: UpdateSignerCerts{.sh|.bat} -host server1 -port 9080

Error while updating the cerificate - The following error is returned from an exception:
ADMC0017E: Could not create an RMI connector to connect to host server at port 2809
darrreever
Participant

Post by darrreever »

Hello DataStagers:

I also received this message. I am running IIS8.7 Win2008R2 64 bit client to AIX 6.1. IBM does have a link to this problem https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg21515435. However it did not provide the information I needed that eventually solved the problem. :(

Searching the IIS8.7 "Planning and Install Guide for AIX" (different from the Planning and Install Guide that comes in the documentation) for "UpdateSignerCerts" on page 260-262 of the pdf (252-254 of the document) explains what needs to be done. Note: "Run the IBM InfoSphere Information Server UpdateSignerCerts tool on every client system". I believe you must have admin privileges on the client system.

The solution in my case was:
1) On the CLIENT machine, add to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file the IP address and the server name of the Service Tier installation host computer (where WAS is installed). Example: 10.8.55.135 L032XSTS03 (space between the values).

2) On the CLIENT machine, run at a CMD prompt, in the (install dir)\ASBNode\bin directory: UpdateSignerCerts -host hostname -port port (using the example information): C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\bin\UpdateSignerCerts -host L032XSTS03 -port 9080

At the conclusion, the response will be "Adding Signer ... to local keystore..(a string of values)". If you do not see something similiar, the operation failed.

This should work.

God Bless. :D
Darryl