How to use dsjob when there are 2 datastage installs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to use dsjob when there are 2 datastage installs

Post by velagapudi_k »

Hello all,

We have IIS 8.1 right now in our environment and soon in about a month we will be installing 8.7 with out uninstalling 8.1. So we will have 2 Engines for atleast 2 to 3 months. Obviously I will be installing 8.7 on new ports.

Lets assume my new dsengine is on 31540 instead of the defualt 31538
and IIS on 9081 instead of 9080, how does the dsjob command chnage for the new install. Please help me as I need to modify the operational scripts and test them. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Venkat Velagapudi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Specify correct port numbers on the -domain and -server options.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Look for any of your scripts that you /.dshome
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I have two instances running side by side and no /.dshome file as per IBM instructions, it should be deleted with multiple instances. I have noticed if I source the 8.7 dsenv file and run the 8.7 dsjob command without specifying the -domain and -server options, it will act on the 8.5 instance by default. You must specify proper ports using those options.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by velagapudi_k »

Thanks a lot guys for the responses. Yes I know I have to qualify the new ports but that is where I am not able to work it out.

I haven't yet installed 8.7. It will be installed 2 weeks after. I am just trying to get the right syntax.

My simple command that works is

dsjob -run projectname jobname

Now when I am trying to change it to qualify with the default ports

dsjob -run -hostname ABC:9080 servername ABC:31538 projectname jobname

I am getting a 9999 error with the above command(My server name and Hostname are same)

I also tried

dsjob -run -hostname ABC:9080 projectname jobname

and

dsjob -run -servername ABC:31538 projectname jobname

but no success. Please correct me. Thanks for your time.
Venkat Velagapudi
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Try using the options already mentioned above to get the syntax correct. What you have tried does not match ("-hostname" and "servername" are not good options).

Run dsjob by itself to see command options.

Run dsjob with a command by itself to see more syntax (i.e. dsjob -run).

The dsjob option details are documented in the Programmers Guide PDF, which covers a lot of command line programs.

Also try including the -user and -password options in addition to the -domain and -server options previously mentioned.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by velagapudi_k »

I am positive that I exhausted those options but I will try again tomorrow and will let you guys Know. Thanks
Venkat Velagapudi