Categery Export

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srikanth386
Participant

Categery Export

Post by srikanth386 »

Hi All,

My requirement is - export all the jobs by folder wise and remove the passwords which are hard coded in the dsx. all should be done in command mode.

I exported the folder with istool export command, but it's not a readable format to remove the passwords in the dsx

Could you please advise.

Thanks in advace..
SRIKANTH
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

The istool command does not produce a dsx file. It produces a zipped file with a .isx extension. Inside you will find a manifest, some folders and XML documents with varying extensions (e.g. .pjb). You can certainly try unzipping the isx file and working with the XML.

The fact that you even expect to find hard-coded passwords inside a dsx file is a symptom of some bad application architecture.

Mike
srikanth386
Participant

Post by srikanth386 »

Thanks for your valuable inputs Mike..

so, is any command available to export the jobs by category wise in ds8.1? also my requirement is the out put dsx will be in readable format..

Please advise..
SRIKANTH
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Again, dsx and isx files are not the same. If your requirement is dsx, then you must export from the client tier (Windows only). There is a dscmdexport.exe command line you can use on the client to create a dsx file. I don't think it allows for category-wise exports.

If you need further help, you will need to be clear which tool and file format you need help with.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

srikanth386 wrote:also my requirement is the out put dsx will be in readable format.
I'm curious what this means. Do you consider a dsx file to be a "readable format" or do you mean you are required to transform it in some manner to make it "readable"? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers