8.5 XML

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sri75
Premium Member
Premium Member

8.5 XML

Post by sri75 »

Hi,

I tried to import xsd via 8.5 Assembly editor.i got below error message

src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'ns10:Interchange' to a(n) 'type definition' component.
schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document '../common/FinancialInformation.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>

I could open the same xsd in xmlspy.can you please help me in here

Thank you
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Exactly what release? (there were issues in initial 8.5.0 and you will need patches...

Also what size? How large is this xsd?

Also, have you tried other xsd's...small, simple ones just to validate the buttons and the methodology?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
sri75
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sri75 »

the version 8.5.0.1. I tried with regular xsd. it worked fine. the one that is not working is chronological xsd.

Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

hard to say....does the xsd have multiple import or include statements? If so, you won't get clean validation of the schema until you import each of its individual pieces....or if they are in a single zip file, point to that when doing the initial import.

I can't recall, but there may be patches beyond 8.5.1....if you are still getting errors, this one may be worth a call to your support provider.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>