Restrict the readonly user to edit administrator in prod

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

virtusadsuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Restrict the readonly user to edit administrator in prod

Post by virtusadsuser »

How to restrict the read-only user to edit/manipulate Datastage administrator variable in production, even though access grant has read-only, they able to edit the variable. Please suggest.
Regards,
Jay
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

What do you mean by read-only user in the context of DataStage?
Kandy
Premium Member

Post by virtusadsuser »

it's an type of access. Datastage user will not allowed to edit the job in designer.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Which security role(s) have you granted to the user in question?

What is your version?

Which user regististry is being used on your server?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

virtusadsuser wrote:it's an type of access. Datastage user will not allowed to edit the job in designer.
That is called as "DataStage Operator" role. Can you respond to Eric's questions?
Kandy
Premium Member

Post by virtusadsuser »

Version: 8.1

I did not understand the question on user registry. How can I find out this out? Are you referring to linking user ids through windows active directory or through Linux OS? Can you please elaborate?

This is to find out if there is any way we can customize(add/delete) the existing privileges for a DataStage operator role. Because when i set the roles for a user, we have options only to select a role. What privileges are available to that role is not displayed in management console. Any thoughts around this would help us?
Dream...Dare...Do
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Yes, you got my question right. I have seen some issues with using the local operating system (unix) as an external user registry.

For DataStage users, you do have to choose from the existing security roles in DataStage Administrator, per user, per project.

Please describe again what it is you are trying to restrict access to and keep access to for a given user.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius