How to handle this issue?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dongyingying
Participant

How to handle this issue?

Post by dongyingying »

When I design a sequence to run two jobs,every job's source have two files and the jobs have no links and need to run parallel ,so i need to loops and nest condition and sequencer . so who can tell me how can i do it? thank you .
Dong Ying Ying Come on.
HendrikB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by HendrikB »

I am not sure if I got your requirements right, just an idea ...

Put the the two jobs in a separate Sequence without any links to make them run in parallel.
Then run this Sequence in a loop out of another one ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: How to handle this issue?

Post by ray.wurlod »

dongyingying wrote:...so i need to loops and nest condition and sequencer
No you don't. You can create two parallel streams of processing independently in the one sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Depending on how you setup a loop, the jobs you are calling may no longer run in parallel. For example, iteration1 calls job1 on file1 in parallel with job2 on file2. Iteration2 calls job1 again but on file3 in parallel with job2 again but on file4. Iterations 1 and 2 will run sequentially. There are alternatives, such as using multi-instance jobs or file-patterns, depending on what you need.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius