Creating new Dynamic VOC file and replacing the VOC file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

daignault
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daignault »

Depending on your Datastage revision, there is a unix based import process for DSX files. Move the DSX file to unix directory execute the unix shell script.

It's the InformationServer/ASBNode/bin/DSXImportService.sh command. Perform the import from here and you don't have to worry about the VPN.

Regards,

Ray D
daignault
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daignault »

BTW, I agree that you should NOT be resizing the VOC file unless you know what you are doing inside UniVerse. Besides, it won't improve performance all that much. You are importing complex information into your XMETA repository. That's where the delay stems, not the VOC file.

I've tried to get Peggy Long and Jeff Fitzgerald to introduce a version of FAST for Datastage, but they don't think there is a market for it.

Regards,

Ray D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Given the transient nature of hashed files in DataStage and the apparent preference for parallel jobs - even when server jobs would be way faster - I agree with them that there'd be no market.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What was your working directory at the time? The executable's parent directory needs to be findable in your command search list (PATH environment variable) or its pathname needs to be specified. Unix 101.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreddy666
Participant

Post by sreddy666 »

HI ,

I have logged as dsadm user..

Then went to /opt/IBM/Informationserver/ASBNode/bin folder and executed the DSXImportService cmd.

executable's parent directory= means /opt/IBM/Informationserver/ASBNode/bin need to add in PATH variable?

i have tried dscmdimport.exe in Informationserver/Server/Projects/projectfolder ../../DSEngine/bin/dssh

received error msg:
verb dscmdimport is not in your VOC folder.

Please suggest me..