Version 8.5 vs 8.7

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version 8.5 vs 8.7

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We are implementing Business Glossary and MetaData Workbench in our shop in the next few months and in order to take advantage of all the functionality we need to upgrade from Version 8.0 to 8.5. Now that 8.7 has been released I was curious if anyone has any experience/thoughts regarding issues/stability for the latest version.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks - - John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have just finished installing just that combination. We went with 8.7 primarily because of the workflow feature in Business Glossary - the client prefers to have a Development Glossary that other users can't see, plus a governance (approval) process for publishing terms from there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

8.7 was built on top of 8.5 Fix Pack 1 so you should be able to expect it will be stable and contain bug fixes plus have new features. I'm migrating from 8.5 to 8.7 now; it's not an in-place upgrade install--you have to migrate. It's too early for me to say if 8.7 is stable under heavy load or not, but I've had it up and running for 5-6 weeks on one server with no issues.

What's new in 8.7 (BG has many new features listed):

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... ew_87.html
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

I appreciate the feedback. We rae leaning towards 8.7 as well.
Thank You - - John