Mailing Warnings Job Server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lote11
Participant

Mailing Warnings Job Server

Post by lote11 »

Hi masters,
Does anyone knows how to mail warnings from a server Job. For example my server job finish with warnings because the stored procedure that executes fails. When i go to the director it shows the warning that the stored procedure gives, i want to mail the event detail that the director shows about this job server.

Thanks
Juan
Juan Escalante
IT Consultant
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Simplest way? Run the job in a Sequence job and link it on failure to an Email Notification stage with the option enabled that includes job status.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lote11
Participant

Post by lote11 »

The problem with that is that i get this error : The following tokens in the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file have not been set in the call to DSSendMail: %from%
Juan Escalante
IT Consultant
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It does log some informational messages similar to that that can be ignored but are you saying you actually get an error and the Sequence job fails? Have you put something in the 'From' field of the Email Notification activity?

I'd also be curious if this is the first time you've tried to email anything or if it works in other Sequence jobs but not in this one.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ketfos
Participant

dsjob command

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
you can read the job log with dsjob command
and pass project name, job name with BASIC option.

ketfos
ketfos
mgsteiner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mgsteiner »

lote11 wrote:The problem with that is that i get this error : The following tokens in the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file have not been set in the call to DSSendMail: %from%
Make sure you have configure the SMTP correctly. Have you done that?, Have you tested it?
MGS